Special Event Details
H-E-B Feast of Sharing 2019
Dates: 11/26/2019 - 11/26/2019
Registration Opens October 10th at 10am!
Join H-E-B and United Way for Greater Austin for the 30th annual Feast of Sharing!
Feast of Sharing is the largest community Thanksgiving meal in Austin. We provide Thanksgiving dinners to over 14,000 Central Texans each year with the help of volunteers just like you!
WHEN AND WHERE: The event will take place at the Palmer Events Center (PEC) located at 900 Barton Springs Road on Tuesday, November 26th. Please be sure to arrive on time for your shift. Volunteer check in will close at 7:15pm. Volunteers arriving after this time are welcome to enjoy dinner as guests.
- First shift: 3 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Second shift: 6 p.m. until 9 p.m.
The shuttle will run from 2:30 - 9:30. Please leave enough time to park and take the shuttle to the PEC so you arrive on time to your scheduled shift. We encourage volunteers to carpool, use public transit, or be dropped off at this event.
VOLUNTEER REGISTRATION: EVERY volunteer must sign up individually
- The minimum age for all volunteers is 14 years old - no children under the age of 14 are able to accompany you while you volunteer
- All minors must volunteer for the same task as their accompanying adult, and register on our site
- Please read job descriptions carefully, many volunteer positions are restricted to 18 years and older
IMPORTANT EXTRAS: There are no team sign ups for this event, every volunteer regardless of age must sign up individually.
- Do not bring any personal items with you, there is no storage space available
- Wear comfortable clothes and shoes
- Just as H-E-B partners will wear their red shirts, volunteers are encouraged to wear their own company/team t-shirts to the event