Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
United Way ATX Mission Advancement Outreach and Advocacy Volunteer
The Mission Advancement Outreach and Advocacy Volunteer is a highly organized and creative individual with an adaptive style who is passionate about supporting the mission of United Way for Greater Austin. As the Outreach and Advocacy Volunteer you will support the Mission Advancement team in communicating programmatic information to key stakeholder groups including identifying relevant community information, crafting updates and newsletter content, and/or supporting advocacy visits with city and county officials. You will also support the Mission Advancement team in recruiting participants in strategic initiatives such as signing up caregivers for Bright By Text, encouraging businesses to take the Family-Friendly Workplace Pledge, and/or recruiting college students as tutors for Pre-K students. The specifics of the volunteer opportunities will be determined based on the interests and skills of the volunteer.
- Mission focused and results driven. You’re committed to improving the lives of families with low income in our community, and you’ll diligently manage assigned projects to support the goals of the Mission Advancement Team.
- An excellent communicator. You have an ability to actively listen and effectively communicate complex information in a compelling manner to variety of audiences. You maintain high ethical standards for confidentiality and respectful communications. You’re comfortable and competent with a wide-range of communication tools. You have strong research and writing skills and are able to synthesize and clearly articulate information.
- A team-player. You enjoy collaborating with internal partners to optimize team functioning and effectiveness. You actively contribute to group problem-solving and planning exercises.
- Interpersonal savvy. You relate comfortably with people across levels, functions, culture, and geography. You act with diplomacy and tact and build rapport in an open, friendly, and accepting way.
- Cultivates innovation. You come up with useful ideas that are new, better, or unique. You introduce new ways of looking at problems. You can take a creative idea and put it into practice. You encourages diverse thinking to promote and nurture innovation.
What you’ll bring
- Written and visual communications experience.
- Public speaking or sales experience (i.e. comfortable speaking in new environments).
- Experience using the Microsoft Office Suite to manage tasks and calendars.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- An ability to work in a cross-functional, fast-paced work environment.
- Bilingual fluency in Spanish preferred.
- Reliable transportation preferred.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: