Age Minimum (with Adult): 16+, Minimum Age:16+
Volunteer Orientation - Learning Center After School Program
- Do you want to make a difference in a child’s life?
- Do you want to grow your skills working with youth in an educational and service-oriented environment?
- Do you have experience and skills to share from a personal or professional background working with kids?
- Do you like to have fun? Connect with kids? Learn about yourself?
If you said yes to any of the above, then we need you!
Foundation Communities is a local nonprofit dedicated to providing quality affordable housing and support services to families and individuals. We operate free after school programs at 10 Learning Centers all over Austin. (There’s probably one close to you! Check out the map here.)
We are seeking volunteers to provide general classroom support, as well as help our elementary-age students with homework, science projects, reading, fitness, enrichment activities and social/emotional skills to thrive this school year and beyond!
Programs run Monday through Friday between 3:30 – 6:00 pm. To start, volunteers commit to at least one regular shift per week for the semester.
Volunteers must complete an online application, pass a background check (no cost to the volunteer) and reference check, and attend one 1.5 hour orientation. Volunteers must be at least 16 years old.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: