Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Host an International Exchange Student! - Austin
For our exchange students, it's the little things that make their year: making s'mores, high school football games, dancing the night away at prom. Hosting an exchange student doesn't take anything fancy - just a warm, welcoming spirit and the love you'd give to your own family.
There is no 'typical' host family! Our families represent the diversity of American culture, and we encourage families of all shapes and sizes to host. And host families often get as much out of the exchange experience as our students, such as
- Learning and experiencing a new culture and being an Ambassador for your own culture.
- Being a mentor to a young person, and having a mentor for your own children, friends and community.
- And creating lasting memories, friendships and a positive impact in the world!
All our host families are volunteers, and we've found that those who truly enjoy the experience are caring, open-minded people who want to learn more about other cultures while sharing their American life with a student from across the globe. We ask the our host families provide the following for the students:
- A separate bed (which can be in a shared room with a host sibling of similar age and same gender) and a quiet place to study.
- Three meals a day. (lunches bought at school are paid for by the natural family/student)
- Local transportation. (students are not permitted to drive during the program)
- Open communication, encouragement, patience, and sound advice.
- And treatment as a member of the family, which include the same rules, responsibility, and love provided to other members of the family.
Find more information on how you can make a positive impact in the world today!
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: