Group Service Opportunity - Provide a Meal for Neighbors
Are you looking for a meaningful way to serve others and meet basic needs? Supper Clubs are an opportunity to provide packaged meals to residents at Foundation Communities' apartments who need help accessing nutritious food. This is truly a meaningful and essential service that volunteer groups can provide!
Current Need: Here is a list of our Austin properties. We are looking for more supper club groups to serve on a regular basis at the following communities:
- Arbor Terrace, South central Austin
- Bluebonnet Studios, central Austin
- Capital Studios, central Austin
- Garden Terrace, South Austin
- Skyline Terrace, South Austin
- Spring Terrace, Northeast Austin
- Groups are asked to commit to providing on-going meal delivery to one of our communities 4-6 times per year; one time groups can be scheduled on occasion.
- Volunteer groups will provide all items needed to safely prepare meals offsite and deliver them to the selected community by appointment. Depending on the site, we are asking for 50-85 meals.
- Deliveries can be made Monday-Friday between 9 am - 5 pm, excluding holidays.
- Due to current social distancing rules at Foundation Communities, all meals need to be delivered individually packaged (e.g. one meal per bag or box) so our staff can easily distribute to residents door to door.
- When social distancing measures are not in place, Supper Clubs are a community meal served by the volunteer group directly to residents. We hope to resume this format in the future as health guidelines allow. At this time we will maintain the delivery format at least through the end of 2020.
- Foundation Communities will provide a phone orientation to the group contact(s), safe food handling guidelines, and menu suggestions.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: